Our Internship Programme enables individuals to gain core skills in community engagement, event management, education delivery, design, communications and more — our interns are a diverse range of individuals and fill a variety of roles.
The goal is for interns to help deliver on the vision of beautiful beaches, healthy waters, and inspired people. As a summer intern, you will work in our experienced Sustainable Coastlines team to care for our coastlines and waterways through the design, coordination and implementation of our core activities.
What does the programme offer?
- Skills development and training specific to your role from our experienced Sustainable Coastlines staff
- Access to Sustainable Coastlines staff for brainstorming and mentoring
- Quarterly networking sessions where you’ll rub shoulders with Sustainable Coastlines staff, ambassadors, sponsors, and special guests
- Sustainable Coastlines merchandise and membership (details on membership TBA)
- Opportunities to deliver Love Your Coast, Litter Intelligence, and Love Your Water presentations and events
- First-aid training (operations only)
- Opportunities for paid work beyond the term of your internship
What does an ideal candidate look like?
Positivity, initiative, a willingness to learn, a passion for the environment and sustainability, availability for the full time period, related experience, NZ residency, a full NZ driver’s licence (operations interns only).